Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

heatsink package in proteus; how should i find it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi;

1) I am beginner in the PCB Designing and Trying to design my PCB in proteus7. in schemetic Section of proteus(ISIS) mostly VCC and Ground pins are not shown in the IC symbols, for instance in 8051 symbol pin 20=gnd and pin 40=vcc are not shown or in case of PIC16f877A pins 11,12,31 & 32 are not shown. the problem rises head during Layout designing in ARES when i try to connect these pins to VCC or GND they Start blinking with yellow color and indicating fault condition. how can i fix this problem?

2) second problem is with the heat sink packages that i can't find in either ISIS or in ARES. i need to connect heat sinks to regulators 7805 and LM2576T TO220 packages. how to find these and other heatsink packages in proteus?

3)And also how to fill the empty parts of the sheet (places where no layout is present) with copper trace for Ground?

any help will be appriciated.

best regards

Qaisar Azeemi

Last edited:
On your circuit diagram you need to specify where Gnd and 5v go, if you place your regulator Vcc will be the input... on the other side of the reg you have to specify 5v or Vdd NOT Vcc

In ISIS if you right click the pic... then look at Hidden pins you can change the default connections.... Once they are defined, then ARES can route them

You may have to make your own heat sink component....

i tried to do that mr Rogers but it says that the visibility of the pin can only be changed by editing physical pin on the device...

what does it means.. should i have to decompose the device ;; edit the pins and make it again???

ISIS Problem

Hi,

I am new to Proteus and trying to make one simple motor circuit using PIC.
When I tried to simulate the diagram then it is giving me error that:
No Model Specified for J3 (CONN-SIL3).

How can I get the model for that. And add to the Proteus Library?

Thanks.

Ok..done.

Can I know, what type of file that can load in Proteus. I had my problem when I am done with my program in MicroC PRO PIC Compiler, but when I load 1 file (C object file )in my PIC16F877A, nothing happened?

Thanks Ian

Hello Mr. Rogers. I have the same problem as Qaisar Azeemi. I'm using Proteus 8. Some of the pins of my micro-controller which is an ATMega 8 are not showing and when I try to uncheck the ticks of the hidden column in the 'Package Device' interface accessed through right-click then, choosing packaging tool, the same message that Qaisar Azeemi had probably seen was shown which is 'The visibility of a pin can only be changed by editing the physical pin on the device',.

My question is, how do I get the ticks on the hidden box to be removed?

Another question which came impromptu as I was trying to solve the problem according to your recommendation was how do I insert a simulatable Vcc in Proteus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back