Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Heatsink Limits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased an RC heli some time ago, and it was quite expensive (mostly radio cost I think) The store owner inquired if I had flown before. I told him no, and he suggested I use training sticks. Thinking I knew better I shrugged off his suggestion, and off I went to put my newly purchased flying machine into action.

I was maybe 10 seconds into my first flight when I realized my heli was not responding the way I expected.
About 35 seconds later, I was trying to pick up all my debris (tears in my eyes)
If I recall correctly, my first flight cost me about $200. in replacement parts.

Last edited:
Yeah I was going to go with landing gear for sure at first too. But after I practiced for a few months on the simulator though, I am questioning whether landing gear would help me still on my first flight. Uf the setup is approximately right I think I should be fine (if the sim is any indication). It seems all the crashes I get into now are not prevented by the landing gear anymore since they are caused by loss of orientation during flight (usually because I flew into the sun or was trying something new).

Last edited:
Well...Don't say I never told ya so :)

There is a video on U-Tube where a guy tried to fly the real full size helicopter he bought, with no training what so ever! He is lucky to still be alive but his helicopter was destroyed.

I was maybe 10 seconds into my first flight when I realized my heli was not responding the way I expected.
About 35 seconds later, I was trying to pick up all my debris (tears in my eyes)
If I recall correctly, my first flight cost me about $200. in replacement parts.

Sounds about right, helicopters are DIFFICULT to fly :D

I'm impressed you lasted 35 seconds to be honest!.

Lol, yeah. THe first time I fired up the simulator and lifted off, I was like huh? Why is it moving to the left? It's level! It should be hovering still! Then I crashed.

I think it's easier to fly a plane but harder to land while a helicopter is harder to fly but easier to land. Flying is optional, landing isn't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back