Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Heat Shrink

Status
Not open for further replies.

zac_haryy

Hey I just wondering if anybody could give me idea's where the best place is to get heat shrink or which way? I do little projects all the time from 30gauge wire to 8gauge wire and would just like a nice variety of tubing to make everything nicer from now on. There are tons of places to buy it but I just wondered if anybody would choose to but the tubing in lengths bigger then the 4" container assortments they sell or what. I was kind of looking for spools of 20 or 25 ft, or something so that I wouldn't have to restock often and just have plenty on hand. Anyways I was just wanting some input since there are a lot of different approaches for this.

-Not really a technical question lol but would figure this would be the place to ask!

-thanks, haryy

Hi Harry,

a quick search brought up lots of suppliers for heat shrink.

Here is one example: EAP Elektrotechnische Artikel für die Kabelkonfektion

The heat shrink they produce shrinks at 125deg/C and the ratio is 2:1. The different sizes are delivered in boxes with 20m length each (not the boxes, but the heat shrink. :) )

Boncuk

Attachments

• Schrumpfschlauch.gif
    Schrumpfschlauch.gif
    31.1 KB · Views: 143
a heat sink just adds the conductive surface of a device to ease its heat discharge in the air. You could make your own with scrap metal/junk with a little know how.

a heat sink just adds the conductive surface of a device to ease its heat discharge in the air. You could make your own with scrap metal/junk with a little know how.

lol. put your glasses on - it's heat SHRINK

Hey Fred! Time to order another 25' roll of heat sink.

Heat shrink tubing is for insulating connections and strain relief. If it has any thermal conductivity, it's just an ancillary feature.

I have seen spools of heat shrink on eBay if that is a way you are willing to go. The selection of sizes and shrinkage is limited and it may be old stock, but you could get it for a fraction of the cost.

All Electronics.com has 100 foot rolls of any color you want as long as it is black for $12.00 for 1/16 inch up to 30.00 for 1/2 in.

100 feet of heat shrink will last a l - o - n - g time.

I'll bring a roll of shrink wrap from work =)
Zac, basically it's wherever you can get it from locally.
Find a manufacture of heat shrink tubing that you think you might like and look for suppliers in your area from their website list of suppliers. Keep looking till you find one, preferably with a wide variety of products that interest you. Just takes a bit of research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back