Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HEAT SENSOR HOW? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello guys, im a beginner in electronic things
i just want to know HOW can i build a heat sensor with this available components except resistors etc. that are easy to find
NTC thermistor (200 ohms)
NTC thermistor(300 ohms) when extended by a wire
9v power supply 750mA
buzzer 6-12 volts

im in rush with this project heat sensor
so guys ,please help me. :(

Last edited:
Here's a basic temperature control circuit using an NTC thermistor. Note your 200 ohms is at 25°C, and has a negative curve as the temperature rises.

The output of the comparator is open collector to ground, and when the temp voltage (set by R1/Rtherm) goes below the temperature set point (set by R_HI/R_LO), the output pulls to ground (to turn on a relay or other device).
Note that R_HI and/or R_LO can be a pot or pot/resistor combination to adjust the temperature set point.

The 392 ohm resistor is not set in stone. I calculated that for a 5K (@25°C) NTC thermistor the best value was 3.92K (actually 3.75K but I had the 3.92K in stock) gave the highest change in voltage for a corresponding change in temperature (do you know calculus?).

Also note that the '339 is a quad voltage comparator, whereas a '393 is a dual comparator.

Attachments

• NTC.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 183
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back