Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

heat problem in AD811

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockzinstruz

Hi...

I designed the amplifier circuit with the gain of 10 using AD811.while amplification this IC produces the heating effect if I use this IC for a long period of time IC becoming a too hot.I couldn't find the reason for this .
I need solution for this .Please suggest the ideas for thiis probelm.

With thanks,
Rockzinstruz

Last edited:
What circuit is that?

Respected to All ,

Sorry for the delay response. Here by ,I attached the schematic diagram of ampliifer using AD811. View attachment 66302
Please find the attachment.while amplification this IC produces the heat problem.Please suggest the good solution.

With Thanks,
Rockzinstruz

Last edited:
Respected to All ,

Sorry for the delay response. Here by ,I attached the schematic diagram of ampliifer using AD811. View attachment 66302
Please find the attachment.while amplification this IC produces the heat problem.Please suggest the good solution.
With Thanks,
Rockzinstruz

You havent given any indication on what sort of load you are driving the output of the AD811 into

cheers
Dave

Of course it gets hot, its maximum quiescent supply current is 18mA and you have a very high supply voltage. It dissipates a maximum of 0.54W!

Why is your supply voltage so high?

Maybe you can glue a small aluminum heatsink on the top of the IC?

It should run at that temperature if your load is not to high.

It should run at that temperature if your load is not to high.

Did you mean my circuit acts the open circuit the is infinite load resistor?
Is it necessary to use the minimum value of load resistor across the output voltage?
Please explain clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back