Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

heat energy->electrical energy..

Status
Not open for further replies.

_dehx

its all about thermocouple....
how reliable it is in converting heat energy to electrical energy... ?who has an ebook here or source of knowledge that i can make a reference? and also i want circuit/schematic diagram of one of it... tnx in advance

how reliable it is in converting heat energy to electrical energy... ?who has an ebook here or source of knowledge that i can make a reference? and also i want circuit/schematic diagram of one of it... tnx in advance
Lessons In Electric Circuits -- Volume I (DC) - Chapter 9............ Drop down past other references to Thermocouple. It may be what you want?

It even makes reference to Thermopile and other voltage producing examples.

kv

Last edited:
Rock salt
**broken link removed**

As with just about anything, depends on construction. The ones in Pioneer and Voyager spacecraft plutonium thermal-pile power supply have been operating for many decades.

I have to agree thermocouple is the key to achieving a positive result in converting heat energy to electricity. It consists of 2 conductors that produce a voltage at the point of their contact.

Here is a diagram that can explain the relationship between temperature and voltage output for better understanding.

e63780f302124e3263ac69512fff4027.png

-Nicole B.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back