Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Heat diode. Turn of current when it gets hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonTHK

I have a smoke machine and it seems to hjave a diode that is named: 240degree d242ztvd
I cant find it anywhere, but it is placed in series with one of the wires to the heat element. The component (on the wire) is also placed on the heat element. I guess that it is a safety that shuts down current passing when reached over 240 degrees.
I think the component is smoked, can anyone help me find a new similar one?

What makes you think it's a diode? More likely a thermal cut-out. Try googling for that.

maybe it is some kind of heat safety because there is something else controlling the heat also. Can anyone help me find such a component?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back