Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Heat controller help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpatano

Hi, i'm new here... was wondering if anyone could give me some info to help me out with a little problem i'm having.

I'm trying to set up a system where i have a heat controller that has a thermocouple input, and the output would just power a standard electrical outlet, where a heat lamp would be plugged in. once i reach my preset temp the power to the outlet, and the lamp, would modulate on and off to maintain a certain temp...

the problem is that i have used similar devices in the past that were part of a larger kit, and i'm trying to set up something a little more basic. but i really don't know much about how the heat controllers actually control, or supply power to an external device. I've been looking at some digital controllers on various sites, and looking at the specs is kinda like greek to me.

any of you happen to be familiar with such a system, or have any low cost alternatives that i could pursue ? the temp range i need is fairly low, something like 65-200 degrees F .

any help would be much appreciated.

disregard previous post, i found an article after much web surfing that gives a very detailed explanation on setting up a PID controlled circuit that will control nearly anything. fairly cheap too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back