Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hearing Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks,
I need a way to hear the audio frequencies produced by today's electronic devices. I'm almost deaf as a post to the tones they produce. I don't have one of those expensive hearing aids yet nor can I replace all the beepers in my house. Any ideas?

Just some thoughts and none of this is intended to be humorous.

A microphone and amplifier to serve as a hearing aid of sorts.

Add filters or graphic equalizers to the above to be more selective.

Add some kind of flasher to the output of the amplifier - with a threshold level. Random blinks would suggest accidental trips - a periodic pattern might be the beeper(s).

A variation of the above might be to tirgger a beeper that is at a frequency that you can hear.

Add a tone decoder that matches the beeper frequency - possibly several. I think a 567 is a decoder but I may be remembering it wrong.

A little far fetched but maybe not - feed audio into your computer sound card and have software that would "recognize" the pattern of beepers.

Place small mic/amp right at the source or beeper with flashing light on output that would respond to that beeper.

Just some thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back