Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hearing aid for the deaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

debashri

hi! can someone help me with some ideas as to how should i proceed in designing an instrument with which a deaf person is able to sense the sound of horns,etc from behind . the device may have a vibrator to sense.

how bout a simple microphone circuit that has some filtering so that sounds in a certain frequency range (horns) pass through and activate the vibrator.

If I were given that task I'd make contact with someone at the National Technical Institute for the Deaf (NTID) - at Rochester Institute of Technology. I was a student there a zillion or more years ago and the NTID was held in high regard then - and had grown substantially since then. I would be willing to bet that many of the students at RIT (regardless of hearing abilities) have probably published papers on that very subject. You might as well take some time to read the things that are already known, so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back