Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Heads up - new DIY technology for toner transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
seems to me that they are relying on the aluminium plate to get higher pressure at the contact area where the toner covers the paper.
i've always used an electric iron, and i would get the copper hot enough to actually discolour (500F+?)

anyhow, seems to me most people have either tried to use special papers (such that most of the toner disconnects from the paper without effort)
i was actually getting half way descent results using standard copy paper, and a 100$ laser printer.
i would then wash the paper away in very hot water.

the problem i ran into was not enough toner coverage, such that the copper left behind was only 50% of the copper originally on the board.
this is however, a toner and laser printer specific issue.

The link doing transfer to aluminum seems to be for making labels. The link therein using wax paper is for PCB's. That method has been around for awhile. I suspect there have been improvements in the selection of paper and other variables.

One might ask whether the wax also transfers to the PCB blank and interferes with etching. The answer is no, it does not interfere, because it is vaporized in the printing and laminating process. I have never used the method, but I believe a member here (QuietMan) uses the method.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back