Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

headphones amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are right it has low volume. There isn't much fear of hurting your ears.
What type of head phones are you using?

i dont actually know what kind of head phones is this but when i plug it directly to my mp3 player, it has actually good/loud sound.. is there anything wrong with the circuit?

Your amp is running from a 3 volt supply, I think 9 volts is better.
Your amp has a 2.2k ohm resistor to limit the power to the headphones.
The amp you built applies a DC current to the headphones.

The 2.2k resistor in series with the headphones reduces the volume a little for 600 ohm headphones and a lot for low impedance headphones. It is not an amplifier, it is an attenuator.
The extremely simple circuit puts DC through the headphones that is bad.

I simulated it:

i dont actually know what kind of head phones is this but when i plug it directly to my mp3 player, it has actually good/loud sound.. is there anything wrong with the circuit?

It should never be used with low impedance headphones.
I think it should never be used period.

The 2.2k resistor in series with the headphones reduces the volume a little for 600 ohm headphones and a lot for low impedance headphones. It is not an amplifier, it is an attenuator.
The extremely simple circuit puts DC through the headphones that is bad.

I simulated it:

is this be good? where will be the output connected?

It is a very poor headphones amplifier.
The 32 ohm resistor R9 is one ear of 32 ohm headphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back