Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Headphone jack install in turntable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kroensburg

I bought a Crosley CR249 Keepsake USB Turntable a little while ago and I love it. The cabinet is all self contained; it has speakers built in. A major downside is that it doesn't have a headphone jack. I'm interested in installing one but I'm not too knowledgeable about circuits or anything. I have a basic knowledge and I can read a schematic fairly well, and I know how to solder, so if anyone can help me out, I'd love it. I figured I could just install a headphone jack that would bypass the speakers when it was plugged in, but I don't know how exactly to go about doing that (where to attach it in the circuit, what resistors I'd need to use, etc.) If you need pictures or anything, I can get them up here, too. Again, I would love any help I can get.

More information: the power consumption of the whole device is 12 watts. There are two speakers, each of which says 3 watts and 8 Ω. I thought they may be some useful information...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back