Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

headlights alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiden1015

The car I have doesn't have a noise to indicate to me that my lights are on when I open my car door. I'm pretty sure I know what I should do: take apart the dashboard find the wires that control the head lights and use that to power my circuit. have a switch at my door to close the circuit when my door opens to turn on buzzer. Now I haven't but a whole ton of thought yet into whether or not to use a digital IC but the switch is making me scratch my head.

What should I use for the switch? I was thinking maybe using a security alarm switch for a door. Any thoughts?

As most cars have an interior light and you can use that switch. It is also common to have the interior light switches have one side grounded. If that is the case, here is a simple circuit you can use.

Attachments

• buzzer.gif
    buzzer.gif
    6.7 KB · Views: 166
Yes, I wired a diode and buzzer in series for '94 Honda Civic. I pick up the voltage from the front left parking light and use the driver's side door switch.
P/L
Diode
Buzzer
Wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back