Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Headlight Flasher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaleb

Hello, I'm new here, and was wondering if any of you know how to build a solid state headlight flasher for a car. I've got a Whelen 4 pattern flasher that uses 2 DPDT relays to flash the lights, I was wondering if anyone knows how to make these.

Thanks

If you've already got one, why do you need to know how to make one?

Reverse engineer the one you have. I would assume it is a microcontroller of somekind, some transistors and relays.

Keep in mind, unless your a cop or vollenteer firefighter, you can't use this on the road.

Yeah I would reverse engineer it, but it is injected with epoxy, for waterproofing I guess, or to keep people from seeing how it's made. I know I can't use it on the road unless I'm a cop or fireman. Maybe being a stormchaser counts, I'm going to get skywarn certified sometime soon, they're coordinated from local FDs. If not, that's ok, I'll be responsible and not use it on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back