Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Header Pin Plugs and Crimps

Status
Not open for further replies.

beakie

OK,

I want to buy some header pins, plugs (of count 2, 3 and 4) and some crimps. I ebay'd it and found some for about £1 for 1 plug and the matching crimps. This seems really expensive. I get most of my parts from ebay since I realised how expensive Maplins can be.

Where do people get electronic parts from? I want to (small) bulk buy these items. Any ideas?

THANKS!

If you only need a few salvage them from old PCs. They are used to connect the front to the motherboard and often have wires long enough to use as is.

I buy them from futurlec. For single row the shells are 25 cents or less and the pins are 5 cents each. (US)
HDPINF - Female Pin for Header Connector

Shipping in reasonable but you have to give them about a month to get you the order. But connectors are the sort of thing I stock up on so it does not matter. Order when you are low not out. Buy 25 of each common size and enough pin/crimps to fill them.

A good ratchet type crimper helps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back