Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hdmi to lvds converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

derick007

Hi
I have a query re. LVDS with particularly reference to LCD TV.
ALL TV LCD/LED screens are driven by the TCON (timing and control) board, which in turn has an LVDS input connector from the main tv board. In order to test both the TCON board and LCD screen, I would like to generate an "external" LVDS signal and attached it to the LVDS input of the TCON board.
I thought of getting an hdmi source (pc, dvd player etc), connecting the hdmi output to a "hdmi to LVDS converter board" and connect the LVDS to the TCON board and hopefully see on the TV LCD/LED whatever is playing on the pc, dvd player. Sounds too simple, surely there must be some programming involved to match resolution, refresh rates etc.
Many thanks, dericko

As sets will only work with the correct LCD panel and TCON board it's HIGHLY unlikely that you could do what you're suggesting, not to mention pretty well every set you see uses a different connection to the TCON board.

Even changing the LCD panel for a different make (which is designed for that specific set) requires you to upgrade the TV firmware in order for it to work.

I'm presuming you've 'made up' the item 'HDMI to LVDS converter'?, and it's not something which is available at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back