Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HDD POV Clock By FPGA ... Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

addyyyyy

Did anyone try to make propeller clock by using FPGA .I alway see most of POV using pic or arduino .

Thank so much for answer.

Ok that´s nice, but you could say a bit more about you and your resources.

Are you fluent in VHDL, or will you be drawing schematics?
Do you have a specific chip or family in mind?
Do you have access to some evaluation board or do you plan to make your own?
How much time AND money are you willing to spend on this project?

What boads and with what chip do you have available?
Did you search how do propeller clocks work? Is this some school project?

Last edited:
That seems doable, but I suggest you build the hardware first, figure out how you will drive the spindle motor, leds, set up the sensor, etc. and then start playing with the code. Since this clock can only display radial lines, the vhdl code can be pretty simple.

Last edited:
Oh,one question did you used to use LED strip that can command them to shine in different color. If you know please teach me how. Thank

I am not sure what you mean, can you post some link to that led strip? Or you mean multicolour leds?

its just a strip with 3-4 leds in series with a resistor, and this is paralleld across the strip. I think there should exist even RGB ones, which are about the same but have 4 wires running along instead of 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back