Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HD44780 Display frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pax Writer

Hey folks

First off: Happy New Year :)

Then the really important stuff: Are you aware of any metal frames made for the typical 2x16 char or similar LCD? I need to work out a mechanically sound solution to how to attach the display to a small mainboard (which I am designing - So I get to be creative). The previous version had the display simply soldered to the main board which meant very poor mechanical stress tolerances.
I think I remember to have seen in the past special fittings for attaching displays to PCBs in upright positions, but I couldn't find any when I searched around on the net...
Anyone know of a retailer selling these or just have a bright idea how to attach the LCD?

Thanks in advance
/Pax

Good question same happens to me.Every time after finishing a project i don't like to keep the circuit without clothes.The enclosure is very need for longer life.
I use plastic boxes for enclosures something like this.

Attachments

• IMG_6452_LCD_OpenInsideFront.jpg
    IMG_6452_LCD_OpenInsideFront.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_6453_LCD_Inside.jpg
    IMG_6453_LCD_Inside.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_6457_Cable.jpg
    IMG_6457_Cable.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_6448_LCD_SocketPlug.jpg
    IMG_6448_LCD_SocketPlug.jpg