Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hd44780 compatible lcd reverse connected

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynx

Hi

i want to ask two things.. can i burn my display if i connect the pins in reverse?
meaning D6(13) goes to 5V(2) and so on...?

and second thing..is there any simple way to test the display if it is already burned?

ty! :)

Last edited:
If the setup uses a high voltage for the backlight and you connect them to the wrong pins you could fry it.

People often suspect the hardware when the code or their connections to the hardware is bad.

If you hook it up correctly and slowly adjust the contrast from min to max you should see black boxes. Back if off so the black boxes just go away and it should be set good enough to see characters.

If you get to this point you know the power connections are right. You still have data connections and code to worry about.

the lcd is a 16x2 module and has no backlight...
also only one row of black boxes appears when i set full contast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back