Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HCS12 Microcontroller Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daven

Hello everyone, I am working on a project with the HCS12 microcontroller and I am having trouble with getting the microcontroller to send out data through an XBee. I have tried many different ways and I haven't been able to figure it out. Is anyone familiar with the HCS12? Does anyone know how to make this work? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

im not familiar with HCS12 though,
But the operation is always the same spi protocol.
Once u can communicate it will work,
Also take note of the voltage supply for xbee, which is 3v ( microchip xbee).

If you are talking about the freescale 68HC12 derivatives... There are examples here... **broken link removed**

Also more info here..http://www.embeddedrelated.com/groups/68hc12/1.php

But as georgetwo indicated serial transmission is very similar from chip to chip.... (RS232 for Xbee I think...)

Thanks for the help, I figured out how to get the XBee's to communicate. I have another issue now, what setting do I need on the Xbee so that if a push a button on the microcontroller the data from that button is sent to the pc. For example if I set one of my buttons to output the letter 'A' the letter 'A' should display on the PC. I've been messing around with the Xbee setting to get it to work but I've had no such luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back