Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HCF 4017 Equal Ic's with more Outputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gayan Soyza

I need to drive around 15-20 led's in my 20x7 display project.Its having 20 columns.
At the moment I Driving through 4017 its having only 10 outputs.so I added another 4017.Its difficult to place & solder two 4017's.

Do u have any other driving IC same like 4017 having CLKIN & RESET options with more outputs.....

Thankx..... :)

It is not that hard to connect 2 CD 4017 together , you have to use the carry out of the first to connect it to the second....
I think there are binary counters and decade counters , I don't think there is a single IC that counts to 20 ....

Gayan Soyza said:
I need to drive around 15-20 led's in my 20x7 display project.Its having 20 columns.
At the moment I Driving through 4017 its having only 10 outputs.so I added another 4017.Its difficult to place & solder two 4017's.

Do u have any other driving IC same like 4017 having CLKIN & RESET options with more outputs.....

Thankx..... :)
then try SMDs with small child card
may be you get a binary with 0-15 outputs-- try

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back