Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Having TV problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincent Lee

Hello everyone.I have a 27 in. Emerson TV/VCR/DVD combo.Model EWC27T4.I'm having a problem that when the image on the screen changes,the sound get staticy.Then when the image changes again it is clear.It does this each time,on all stations.It doesn't do it when I'm using the vcr or dvd.I was hoping somebody here might have an answer to my problem.Thanks in advance.

do you have cable, sattelite, or an antenna?

id check the wiring of the signal that youy're having problems w/.

Does it happen when there's a lot of white or bright content in the picture?

I have sattelite from direct tv.It seems to do it each time the image changes,no matter what is on.I have found a spot on the cable coming in from the dish where the insulation is stripped off.We just switched to this tv,but we didn't have any trouble with the last one though.So I don't know if it would be that.Thanks for the replies by the way.

I have been watching it .And yes,it does seem to do it worse when there is something bright on the screen.Do you know what would cause this?

If the set was doing this from the beginning it is a possibility that the quadrature coil in the sound-IF-detector section is out of slight alignment. The clipped FM carrier gets demodulated here and the adjustment of this coil is very critical for "buzz" free and low distortion audio. This will be more prominent with bright white scenes. The fact that it is ok with DVD and VCR is most probably because they use the audio and video feed directly.

I don'y know your model since I have not fixed a TV in years, so what I am saying may not be relevant on a very modern set. If you got it as a new TV and it is still under warranty, take it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back