Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

having a problem in interfacing 16*2 lcd of 18 pins with atmega 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyani014

having a problem in interfacing 16*2 lcd of 18 pins with atmega 16.please help me in interfacing the 18 pins lcd with ATmega 16 and also describe the lcd pinouts.

Never came across 18pin 2*16 displays. There are 14 pins, or 16 pins with 2 additional for backlit.

yeah... Me too never seen 18 pin LCD...

kiyani014, can you post pinout diagram of 18 pin LCD so that we can help you...

For 16 pin LCD, connect RS, RW, EN and Data bus to microcontroller
Here is the pinout
Pin No. Label Description
1 VSS Ground
2 VDD Supply Voltage
3 VO Contrast adjustment voltage
4 RS Register select signal
5 R/W Read / write select signal
6 E Operation (read/write) enable
7 DB0 Low byte data bit
8 DB1 Low byte data bit
9 DB2 Low byte data bit
10 DB3 Low byte data bit
11 DB4 High byte data bit
12 DB5 High byte data bit
13 DB6 High byte data bit
14 DB7 High byte data bit
15 A Positive LED backlight (Anode)*
16 K Negative LED backlight (Cathode)*

enclosed here th pinouts for 18pin lcd

Attachments

• new LCD_18pin-PT.gif
    new LCD_18pin-PT.gif
    3.6 KB · Views: 1,981
i have tried this above pinout but not succeeded.by running the code i am getting just the ASCII characters on LCD.may be the pin# 15 and 16 is creating a problem.please explain what should i do with both the pins?thankx

i have tried this above pinout but not succeeded.by running the code i am getting just the ASCII characters on LCD.may be the pin# 15 and 16 is creating a problem.please explain what should i do with both the pins?thankx

Hi,
It maybe a LCD without an interface IC, do you have apart number for it, you could post.?

this is lcd display with Vaccuum Florescent back lit. thus it would have additional pins. Perhaps Kiyani, has to generate high voltage, if the board doesn't have internal circuitry.
The best at this stage for him is to locate the manufacturer and model number, try to get the datasheet ,and then go ahead.
Basically normal programming should work irrespective of backlit.

All the best Kiyani !!

voltage step down

I want to interface the plc to the port of microcontroller.the problem is that plc output is of 24v or 12v and microcontroller requires just about 5v input.kindly help me in designing the circuitary for stepping down the plc voltages for controller.can i use the regulator or relay for this purpose or not?
Reply soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back