Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HASP Key schematic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitech444

Hi everybody,
I found this
**broken link removed**
Have a look at the Novex schematic. It looks very easy to implement. Only the software part is missing.
What do you think?

Thanks

P.S. I know it's a bit outdated but for some custom software project it could save you money...

It is a circuit that goes inline with an old centronics parallel port and still passes data thru. Those are sort of ports are going away on computers now. I guess the idea is to put code it in to make a security gongle or something?

As you say, it's getting to the stage that computers don't have parallel ports anymore, and people have always hated dongles as well - so it doesn't seem a very interesting project?.

My real complaint is serial and parallel are easy and they are going away. USB is a pain. Hope the next interface to the PC is easier to use.

Is this for running warez? If so then thread should be binned since it's against the rules.

Hero999 said:
Is this for running warez? If so then thread should be binned since it's against the rules.

When did you last see a program that used a dongle?, there's never been any suggestion that it's for any illegal purpose - or that it's in any way a replacement for a commercial dongle.

Hero999,

Guy might be tring to protect his code with a dongle (right).. No matter, laptops and new high end machines have no serial or parallel.. Of course I do not have one of the high end machines so I can buy his code/dongle.

If he is tring to crack a gongle, that is the wrong way for sure (doing it in hardware he has a "snowballs chance" he can get the code from the working one).

Like Nigel said, not a very interesting project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back