Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Has anyone used ST7565R type LCD with a PIC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra1

I am trying to write some software for the ST7565R type LCD display, im using flowcode to do this so i know you wont be able to help with my code.

Whats happening here is sometimes it works as it should, correct numbers or letters in the correct palces, but more often than not i get a messed up display, numbers change to $$$$ signs and letters change to !;*($$£ signs.

Now just to make this even more wierd and annoying, if i change the PIC and put the same code onto it, (iv done this with 3 different PICs) the results differ each time, on PIC 1, the random symbols are in the place where the letters or numbers are, on PIC 2, there on different parts of the display, and on PIC 3, theres just a single pixel and a $ on the screen. All 3 PICS run the same code.

Iv tried this both on breadboard and on Professional PCBs, I know my hardware is correct as iv had this working perfectly in the past, but now it just refuses to work, iv even tried different LCDs but to no avail.

So, time for a new approach, it has been suggested that my code my be "buggy" and things are happening in the background at random, giving me this problem im having where sometimes it works but most of the time not.

So, has anyone ever used this type screen who could make me a sample piece of code to try that way i will know if its my code or something hardware related.

Im using a PIC18f26k20

Oh yeah, my current software uses the memory to store information and then updates the screen in one go, not sure if this would cause problems like this.

If anyone can help me out with this test software then i will send details of LCD pinouts.

Cheers

No one can help you with anything if you don't post the code.

Attach it as a file.

That's only in the advanced posting options by the way.

Hi guys,

Iv solved my problem now, i changed the extended instruction set in the config and it seems to have fixed it.

Way to go cobra1...I'm also a flowcode 4 user trying to get a ST7565R type LCD to work with flowcode (it's actually a dogl128-6e from Electronic Assembly Inc.). Not finding much at Matrix to help, I would greatly appreciate a point in the right direction; an example .fcf to demonstrate it working at all would be great! Many thanks.

Great work richard.c in your 18F GLCD's post....as a noob in this forum, now I know I'm in the right place. Always nice when a great mind can lend a hand! I knew about the LED backlight accessories for EA's DOG series LCD's, but not about the touch screen addons...now I see that EA only has the analog style touch screen. Do you have part numbers for the digital one?

Great work richard.c in your 18F GLCD's post....as a noob in this forum, now I know I'm in the right place. Always nice when a great mind can lend a hand! I knew about the LED backlight accessories for EA's DOG series LCD's, but not about the touch screen addons...now I see that EA only has the analog style touch screen. Do you have part numbers for the digital one?

Hi,

Glad you liked that old glcd post, still using both those displays in current projects.

Although I experimented with that very easy to use Digital touch screen I never used it in a full project and have not seen them on sale elsewhere.

I purchased it from the EADOG UK distributor but not 100% sure it was a EADOG part or just some suitable ones he was stocking back in 2009.
Cannot see them on the current web site but perhaps worth an email to check with Marc if he has any left in stock https://www.mmselectronics.co.uk/sitemap.htm

Just as a byline if you are thinking of moving into the C arena, the Arduino system has libraries for the EA 128x64 with a suite of text and graphics demos.
Got this literally up and running in about 5 mins !

Attachments

• 2011-03-07 002.jpg
    2011-03-07 002.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 217
Well I've got my LCD, and I've attempted to get it to talk with Flowcode, but with no success. I've attempted to use their Custom_Code.C download, but it looks unfinished, and I'm really not sure what to do with it. If I had even the simplest "Hello World" example .fcf to start reverse engineering, I think I could make it work. Everything else I've done with Flowcode has come easily, but this is becoming a humbler. I value any suggestion you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back