Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Has anyone ever been on hackaday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyb0rg777

Do you guys visit www.hackaday.com ?I tried to get them interested in one of my projects but they didn't reply.The other day they had a $5 eprom programmer project.Sometimes they have simple modifications,sometimes complicated circuits.I know some of the experts here could get stuff on hackaday.Would any of you like to try?

Do you have a website with your project, with a detailed write up? Pictures? Seems that is how they pick projects. Pretty much everything I've seen on that site links to other sites for the actual projects.

Some of the links go to forums and blogs, so is your project posted some place?
A good start would be to post it here, although I don't recall ever being re-directed to this forum from hack-a-day.

I've had projects featured on hackaday, make and digg before (digg nearly put my website down)

but yea, you'll want to have your own blog or just plain website and then get some interest going about it on delicious ... a lot of stuff on delicious diy makes it to hackaday.

**broken link removed**

My project was an eye position sensor and I posted it here a long time ago.It's not a finished circuit but I was hoping someone would look at it because I did build a proof of concept.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/need-help.21660/

Around where I live there isn't even a radio shack so you have to mail order everything.I had big ideas for it too.I wanted to build a USB interface for it and that pretty much requires a C compiler which is very expensive.I'm sure someone will build one any day now and I just wanted my idea out there so maybe I could get in on the action.I gave up on the infrared demodulator section because I was going to have to build it from scratch and didn't have an oscilloscope.Anyways it wasn't finished and it was uploaded here and not many people have even checked it out because it only shows 25 downloads.I got a much easier project going now.I'm building an acoustic modem.All you do is splice a battery in to a regular phone and that simulates a line voltage .Then you plug it into your modem and use the phone as an acoustic coupler.Then if you want to dial in to your isp or something (cough(wardialer)cough) over the pay phone you can.What was your idea that got on hackaday justDIY?

I remember that article.Very interesting use for LEDs.I know who to look for to ask questions now.I went through a lot of the articles and the comments on hackaday.Was suprised by how many lamers complained this was too hard for them.
I guess if I ever get a project completed I need a good blog to post to.here you have to log in to see a file so they can't link here.

Last edited:
Well I used to watch Wackaday when I was a child but I've never heard of Hackaday.

It tends to mean something a little different over here. Best not to bring that up. Sorry, just slight language difference, but it's really bad.

Funny we where just talking about people getting on this site .They just started a contest.You guys probably have a diagram already drawn up somewhere that can win! If not there is prenty of inventiveness to create something unique.The deadline for entry is Dec.25.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back