Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Has anyone built the Apple 1 replica??

Status
Not open for further replies.

CadTeacher

I teach an electronics design class which also incorporates a construction project. I see that on the Apple store there is now a McCAD SE500 series available. This was used in the construction of the original Apple1 Replica computer discussed in the book "Back to the Garage". It seems like this might be a great project for the class. Before I tackle this project I was hoping to collect the observations of others who may have already built this project.

The SE500 needed for this project costs about $24 which is not a great deal, but I just wanted some observations before I try it myself. A windows version is not available yet, but I was told that it would be available soon. Seems like a great solution for my class since students can use their own computers and I don't have to worry about what hardware is available in the classroom as the students can use their own.

Or is there another solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back