Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

harmonics and fundamental frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.
i need explaination other that guitar string examples(related to electronics).what is harmonics and fundamental frequency. when and where harmonics occurs .thank you in advance

This is how I reason it in my head.. without science and math.

Fundamental frequency is the frequency that the waveform repeats. If the waveform is a perfect sine, then there is only one frequency present.
If the signal is a square wave for example, then there must be higher frequencies present to create those "sharp edges".. and because the waveform repeats at the fundamental frequency, those higher frequencies need to be divisible by the fundamental frequency (synced to to the "sharp edges").

The edge of the square wave is fast. So you need fast signals (high frequencies) to create that fast changing edge.

i need explaination other that guitar string examples(related to electronics).what is harmonics and fundamental frequency. when and where harmonics occurs .thank you in advance

Hola Buvanesh,
You asked for a basic concept: what is fundamental and what are harmonics. Look here before asking more questions. Make sure you understand what is fundamental and what is 1st harmonic. In few words it says it all.

Then go ahead with your series of further questions (I am sure it's going to be long).

we make periodic signal by series of one fundamental sin wave.and we can decompose it by FS and compose by FA.i understood@artferrari

i got your point @mister T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back