Harman Kardon DPR 2005 Receiver shuts off after 5 seconds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

agy98

I have a Harman Kardon Dpr 2005, and when i try to power it up the display shows and after 4 or 5 seconds it shuts off. I Have tried factory reset as the manual says, and still the same. I have read other posts and some people say it might be the D2 Audio Power Module, but i have disconected and even removed any wire leading to this part, and still the same thing. I have also removed every wire leading to the sound board, and still the same thing. All fuses look good, and can't find any trace of blown resistors. This receiver was babied since new, and no chance of over heating cause i use an extra external fan to keep it cool. This problem happened right in the middle of a movie. Never turned to loud either, but i don't think that would bother this amp... I thought it might have been going into protect mode but there are no wires of any kind going into the receiver now and still the same. Can anybody steer me in the right direction to fixing my problem. Thanks in advance..

Harman Kardon DPR 2005

do you have a schematic? and what else did you look for.

Did you get to the bottom of this issue.

Sorry to be so winded here.

I have this issue going on now but it started with another issue where the right surround had a buzz in it. The buzz would not change in volume. I discovered the other night after watching a movie in 3.1 and then after about a half hour re enabling the surrounds that the buzz went away. Yesterday evening I had decided that it must have something to do with heat so i decided that I would try and warm up the receiver before watching a movie. I put on a CD in 5 channel stereo with the buzz present. I ran down town to pick up the kids and came back within 20 minutes. When I came in the receiver was shutoff. I then tried to turn it back on and it ran for about 2 minutes without the buzz then shutoff. When I tried to turn it back on it immediatedly shutoff after about 5 seconds, I tried this about 10 times with the same results. I then decidec that I would try and watch my movie anyway with just the TV speakers. About 45 minutes into the movie I tried to turn the receiver back on and it worked with the buzz in the right surround. I disabled the surrounds again and watched for about 30 minutes in 3.1 then tried to enable the surrounds again and it worked fine. I watched two more movies and when I shut it off at 2AM it still was working fine. Today I turned it on at about 5PM and was watching some discovery program with the kids and had no buzz but after about 20 minutes the receiver shut off. And now it shuts off every 5 seconds. Any ideas????

Thanks,

Nick

Thats strange, but it sounds like maybe a bad connection/solder joint on the circuit board. It maybe on the filter capacitors causing the sound to buzz, and the receiver then shuts off when the voltage goes too low. You should check inside it for bad solder joints as a start. Then check all the voltages if you can.

-Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…