Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hard to help people

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it is sometimes hard to put myself into other persons position when they are learning C and I'm supposed to help. I started programming when I was 10 years old. I had Amiga500 and the language was Amos BASIC.. then I programmed more basic, when I got my first PC. When I started learning C, I already had 6 years of "programming experience". The key to learning is your own motivation and interest.

PS. I can't see any 10 year old today to be interest in programming. When I was 10, programming was only interesting thing you can do with your computer. Today kids have Windows 8, Playstations and iPhones as their first computer.. Do any kid even consider starting programming.
erm I started with pics and C at 11, still havnt got very far, but picking up speed now ive found a decent book :D. only game I ever play and rarely, is counter strike against dad, games playing is boring, but I do like making the games maps

I completely agree that anyone can read the documentation and teachers are not to be used as a substitute for datasheets. During my life, I had to work several times on projects when documentation wasn't available, so I had to figure it out by myself. Therefore, when documentation does exist, I really appreciate and read it. It is rarely complete and some little details should be figured out by experiments, but think how much more time it would take if there was no documentation at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back