Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hard Drive ENclosures

Status
Not open for further replies.

dknguyen

Most Helpful Member
My USB2.0 250GB external backup drive is full. I use it as an external backup drive that mirrors my 500GB internal drive.

Anyways, so now I'm looking for a 500GB+ eSATA enclosure. But I'm a bit worried since I've been reading around and there are issues about the max HD size that an enclosure can handle. It seems to be mentioned every so often but not always advertised and if so, not consistently the same for the same HD. The issue is that I don't see why an enclosure has a size limit in the first place? Especially if it's for something like SATA <-> eSATA where there isn't really any protocal conversion (like SATA to USB).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back