Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Happy New Year !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RODALCO

Hi,
New Zealand is the first country in the world to see the New Year hence this post which may be a bit ahead of the local server time.

This was quite interesting around the Y2K period, while the world was watching what would happen in New Zealand when all clocks clicked happily over to 00 or 1900 or 2000.
Some people made big money allright with software upgrades etc.

Happy New Year 2007 to all.

:) RAYMOND RODALCO

Yes, remember the millenium bug?

I can't believe that was all seven years ago. I heard we might have a similar problem again because the software patches applied just added 20 years to the date, but I can't see any computers from the 1980s surviving into the 2020s.

Anyway Happy 2007!

Hero999 said:
Yes, remember the millenium bug?

I can't believe that was all seven years ago. I heard we might have a similar problem again because the software patches applied just added 20 years to the date, but I can't see any computers from the 1980s surviving into the 2020s.

happy new year Eastern Hemisphere ;)

don't forget about the y3k bug!

computers from the 80's don't have to survive till 2020, only the software, running on new computers or in emulators. One of my customers still runs old software from the 80's, and will probably keep running it till the programmer dies or is so old he can no-longer support it. It had y2k problems, but it has lots of problems. When some index number was about to pass 65535, everyone was all nervous, luckily, the programmer fixed it in time.

Happy New Year everyone! Only 2 hours left of ole 2006 here in Minnesota!

Happy new yr to everyone of you!! wishing u all a great yr full of success, happiness, good health and laughter!
have a blast! :)

happy new year everybody! now it seems that the whole world is finally in 007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back