Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hand grip strength for power generation flashlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCBWING

Is this feasible? can this be used for other purposes? such as cellphone.

It depends on how much power the device uses?

I can't see the idea of a hand grip powered phone catching on.

I was given a free hand-grip generator-powered flashlight. Each time it is squeezed its generator spins many revolutions.
First I left the LEDs turned on to see how long the charge in the super-capacitor (or hidden battery) will last. It lasted 30 hours.
Then I squeezed and squeezed the darn thing until I was blue in the face and I thought my hand would fall off. The generator/super capacitor flashlight works!

30 hours hold up from a super cap? I find that highly unlikley, there must be a battery in there. I have 5V 1F supercaps that will power three bright white leds for about 30 seconds till he brightness drops bellow useable levels and those cost 10 bucks each. If yours is really using supercaps for storage it's using massive ones that cost well more than a typical hand powered flashlight.

Nigel, the power generated is enough to charge small batteries like cell phones if the effort can be kept up. The handcrank/squeeze ones are the only ones I've ever seen that have even a moderately decent output, I wish they used metal gears in the ones I've ruined two of them trying to generate more useful power and ended up stripping a few teeth on the gears.

If they used metal gears they'd cost more so the typical ignorant consumer would buy a the competitor's cheaper product which uses plastic gears.

My nephew brought me one of those magnet/coil flashlights that you are supposed to shake to make it work. I immediately saw that the coil wasn't connected to anything and soon thereafter found the coin cell battery. That flashlight lasted several hours on just a couple of shakes!

My nephew brought me one of those magnet/coil flashlights that you are supposed to shake to make it work. I immediately saw that the coil wasn't connected to anything and soon thereafter found the coin cell battery. That flashlight lasted several hours on just a couple of shakes!

And then never worked again :p

Typical Chinese!.

Typical Chinese!.

I wouldn't say that. I had two flashlights working with a magnet being moved inside a clear plastic pipe and a coil on it. They worked alright until my (lovely) stepdaughters dropped them and they separated to pieces.

Typical Chinese! :D

Tomorrow I'll borrow that flashlight, and then upload photos, it was fun, he showed it to me a month ago. It is noisy.

Typical Chinese!.

I wouldn't say that. I had two flashlights working with a magnet being moved inside a clear plastic pipe and a coil on it. They worked alright until my (lovely) stepdaughters dropped them and they separated to pieces.

Typical Chinese! :D

Typical Chinese? Typical good or typical bad? :D

Tomorrow I'll borrow that flashlight, and then upload photos, it was fun, he showed it to me a month ago. It is noisy.

Shake it gently to avoid noise. It will still work. :)

You are too pessimistic. People will always self-adjustment, which is not self-destruction.

You are too pessimistic. People will always self-adjustment, which is not self-destruction.

Of course I believe you since those items are manufactured in China. :D

Another example: LED torches with mains power battery charging capacity. Don't drop the torch hard nor kick it on the table.

Otherwise the battery will quit instantaneously - made in China.

Last edited:
I have two identical flashlights. One has a magnet, and the coil is connected to a charging circuit and a 50mAh NiMH battery. The other looks identical but the coil's wire is broken and isn't connected to anything. It has a coin cell instead of the NiMH, and in place of the magnet is a plain steel slug.

mneary, that's just plain retarded...

Of course I believe you since those items are manufactured in China. :D

Another example: LED torches with mains power battery charging capacity. Don't drop the torch hard nor kick it on the table.

Otherwise the battery will quit instantaneously - made in China.

I'm from China,If you are deceived by the Chinese product, and I apologize to you, although I do not represent them. I want to do things properly. But I can not represent someone else. Our company is dedicated. :)

Anyway, we continue to explore the flashlight. Today I'll upload photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back