Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hall Effect Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan1

Hiya Guys,
Well I've finally got around to playing with a UGN5803 hall effect sensor, firstly after reading the datasheet thouroughly and a few application notes I made up a simple circuit on a breadboard. Now in the datasheet it states the output is OFF when there is no presence of a magnet but I'm getting 2.42 volts from the output. When I place a magnet very close to the sensor it drops to just over 1 volt on one side of the magnet and about 3.5 volts on the other side, yet the datasheet states the north pole has no effect on the sensor. Just to be sure I made up a second circuit on a brand new breadboard, triple checked all the leads but I still got the same results. Now is there something I'm not getting here or could it be both hall effect sensors are stuffed? Any clues here guys as it's got me stumped.

Cheers Bryan :D

Edit:- Sorry guys it's UGN3503 I just looked at the chips and I was reading the wrong advice. The datasheet I was using delt with a totally different hall effect sensor so thats why I was confused. When I read the right datasheet everything was working perfect. Well next time I buy a chip I'll make sure I get what I pay for instead of something different.

Once again sorry guys

I think we need a bit more info here.
I tried googling for ugn5803 and got nothing.
Without the datasheet to read it is a bit difficult what to suggest.

JimB#

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back