Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hall effect + op amp design

Status
Not open for further replies.

viperidae

I'm designing/building a power meter and have decided to use a split ferrite toroid+hall effect sensor to measure current.

It needs to interface with a pic18f4620's 10bit ADC.
The hall effect sensor outputs 2.5V at 0 gauss. The sensitivity is 1.3mv/G

I have assembled a PoC and with ~10amps running through the toroid there is ADC output moves from 517 to 504 which translates to approx 64mv.

I've decided an op amp is in order to boost this up to a level the ADC read with more accuracy. I've got access to LM358 and LM393 at the local electronics shop. These both will run from a single 5V supply and are capable of 0.1 - 3.5V output.

My problem is I have no idea how to configure/bias the op amp in order to give a gain of about 10.

The thing confusing me is that I want to be able to measure positive and negative currents (AC).

In short I have an input voltage of 2.5 +/- 0.15 and wish to get an output of 1.9 +/- 1.5

Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back