Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hall current sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrianvon

Hi,

Does anyone know if I can find a Hall current sensor to measure current from 0A to 20A which comes in a DIP package? I can only find SMD.

Not many DIP pins that could handle 20 Amps, so such a device would need a lot of pins in parallel. But if you just need a through-hole product, look at https://amploc.com/ You'll need to add your own current conductor though.

Hi,

D.I.P stands for Dying Integrated Package ha ha.

Everything tends to get smaller these days. That's unfortunate in many cases. DIP's are easier to work with for the hobby side of the field. I prefer DIP's too for many things, and only SMD for some things. Too bad though many devices only come in SMD types these days.

You can buy tiny PCB's that convert SMD's to DIP's.

John

Hi,

Yes John and it's good you are telling people here that information. But unfortunately they dont magically jump from the shipping package to the board and solder themselves onto the board. We still have to go through the soldering phase which can be hard to do with those very small pitch IC pins. I dont mind the 0.05 inch pitch too much i guess but anything smaller gets to be a headache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back