Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

H-Bridge not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not add the 4 resistors...and it is still working.

As ROFF pointed out, it will work without them, but be much more snappy with them.

I will now check the motor voltage to the supply voltage( I am assuming the 5V to the LM311).

Perhaps we're speaking past each other. What I mean is, if you're using 12V motors, then make the H-Bridge supply 12V to match. If 6V motors, then make your H-Bridge supply 6V. When I say match, you have a bit of leeway because of losses in the Darlingtons, meaning if your're using 12V motors your bridge supply could be a bit higher, say 14-16V, without a problem. (If you were using MOSFETS, you would have less losses in the drive transistors.)

And all of this has nothing necessarily to do with you LM311 supply of 5V...

Yes I used an NPN. I just never used a open collector without a pull-up. When the NPN is on, the Darlington base gets a good logic low, when the NPN is off the darlington base sorta floats and momentarily oscillates. I would just add the pullups and pull downs for good measure.
But hey, I can't argue with success...
If you were driving another NPN, or the input of a CMOS logic gate, then you would definitely need a pullup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back