Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

H bridge circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

shico90

Hi
i'm trying to control a dc motor with a micro-controller and I built H bridge like this
**broken link removed**
Is it enough to drive the motors and supply enough current
I connected the pins of the controller to the resistances
Thank you

You need to make sure that the power supply for the micro is the same as the one at the top of the H. Otherwise you may not be able to turn off the top transistors. If the power is 5 volts the base current in the transistor will be about 4.3 ma. This is enough for the transistors to switch about 43 ma. So if your little motor measures about 100 ohms or more you can drive it. In reality you could probably drive one down to 50 ohms but things may get a little warm if it is stalled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back