Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

H & B Plasma ( Samsung guts) wont boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

mookieo2

I removed from a customers house a 50" H & B Plasma that supposedly was broken. I brought it home, plugged it in and it worked . I checked all inputs. Everything was functioning fine. I even watched a movie on it. Once or twice it took a long time to boot up. An hourglass shows on the screen when its first turned on.

The next day and till now all I get is the hourglass really dim and then it starts clicking and eventually shuts off with an orange light on front.

First off I was an engineering tech at an aerospace company for a few years and a repair tech for a few years before while I was in school so I`ve done more than my share of soldering and troubleshooting. So I am capable of doing the repairs.

The main power supply pn I think is PS-503-D

I believe the voltage readings from the test points were
VA = 15v
VG = 0
VS = 7v
D5V = 5V before it shuts down
D3V3 = 3V before it shuts down
VSB = 5V

any help or link to schematics would be appreciated

I changed c 8072& 8073 1000uf 250v because the top was bubbled. After I replaced them I removed the black film and the aluminum underneath was flat

Check the ESR on ALL the electrolytics in the PSU - and replace any which are on the high side.

I poresume the replacements you've already fitted are high quality, 105 degree, low-ESR versions?.

If you don't have an ESR meter, then do a blanket swap of all electrolytics on the PSU for high quality ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back