Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GW Instek GOS-522 scope problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgrimes

I bought a GOS-522 scope at a yard sale and the trace only goes half way across the screen. I saw that back in 2005 Dex2006 had the same problem with this scope and was wondering if anyone knew what the fix was?

What does the Horizontal Position control do?

In a scope there are two plates for deflection. The electrons generally BEND toward each plate, so if there was a bad driver on one side it could surely cause this.

CRT tubes used in TV's used a different system of deflection.

The horizontal position control will move the trace from the left side of the screen to the center so at the end of the control movement there is only a dot at the center of the screen.

It basically does suggest that their could be a loose connection at the deflection plate or a defective component having to do with deflection.

Thanks for the suggestions and especially for the manual link. I have not been able to spend much time on the scope, but I did discover that the voltage to one of the transistor drivers to one of the horizontal deflection plates is half of that to the other driver. I just need to keep going backwards from that point to where I don't have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back