Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Guru Advice Required - Fixing an LCD TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

granto

Hey guys,

Am new and after some electro-guru advice. I managed to acquire (off the side of a road) a 100cm LCD TV which works except for a 1 inch strip of non-working LCD pixels down the centre of the screen from top to bottom.

I've had a little experience with analog electronics in the past, (putting together a simple VCO / Filter for a synthesizer) and in a rather blindly optimistic fashion, am hoping that this would be something that I might be able to repair with some help. Any suggestions? Could this be a relatively simple fix, or would it be quite complex potentially and beyond my novice skill-level? :)

Cheers,
Grant

Skill level required is fairly low, just a screwdriver and a little care - problem is the cost of the part, it requires a new LCD panel (usually more than the entire set cost originally).

Wait! What about MY advice??? It only required a baseball bat!

Wait! What about MY advice??? It only required a baseball bat!

That was a Plasma, not an LCD :p

But it looked like dry joints or poor connections, unfortunately they tend to mount SM IC's on flexible PCB's - impossible to repair (at least with any equipment commonly available).

Funnily enough I have to bash my Plasma from cold sometimes, but not for lines, for 'solarisation' - probably wants a connector cleaning, but there's so many damn screws to take the back off :rolleyes: - and once it's warmed up it's perfect the rest of the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back