Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Guitar to LED Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtr_stitch

Havent been on here in a while! I have been at work tweaking a little project I have dubbed GTR_LED (any other suggestions would be awesome).
Anyways, the circuit works great for me, just gonna add some transistors and more LEDs for a more dynamic Onboard light show! And even had more ideas along the way. Feedback would also be awesome!
Here are a couple of schematics ready to be picked apart and critiqued :)

In the second schem, that other IC is an LM3916. Apologies!

Attachments

• guitar_led.jpg
    guitar_led.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 157
  • guitar_led_v2.jpg
    guitar_led_v2.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
LEDs show music much better when the circuit uses one of the peak detectors shown on the datasheet of the LM3915.
Without a peak detector the LEDs are a dim blur.
I have a Sound Level Indicator project that continuously shows the sound level from people talking, the TV or the stereo. It has a peak detector circuit. It shows a pin dropped on the floor in the next room and also shows screaming (or my dogs barking) levels because the LM3915 is logarithmic like our hearing's response to loudness.

Here is my peak detector circuit:

Attachments

• peak detector.PNG
    peak detector.PNG
    16.2 KB · Views: 190
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back