Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

guitar pickup pre-amplifier / phase flipper

Status
Not open for further replies.

dataplex

hello

i am designing an instrument where i need a preamplifier stage for a guitar pickup, with a PIC controlled CMOS switch that can flip the phase of the buffered/amplified signal.

the switch needs to be a CMOS (i'm using a 4066) for various reasons - so i came up with this circuit combining ideas i found on the internet... it uses both channels of a TL072 IC.

HM4dIev.jpg

will this design be able to do what i want it to do? i'd love to hear your thoughts on the idea!

thanks for your help,
dataplex

Last edited:
Please post picture to this website. So that it may be permanently attached to this thread. Posting to third party sites often get severed and the thread meaning becomes vague.

Thanks

Why invert the signal from a guitar? People cannot hear actual phase. Also the frequency from the guitar will not have perfect sync with any other sound.

The 0.1uF capacitor in the negative feedback cuts all frequencies above 16Hz so the maximum gain at DC is 101, at 16Hz it is 71, at 32Hz it is 36, at 64Hz it is 18, at 128 it is 9 etc.

i am flipping the phase to change the behaviour of an electromagnetic feedback circuit. i am cutting off everything above 16hz to avoid nasty buzzing/artifacts in the signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back