Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Guitar pedal Op Amp switching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Satan

Okay so I see all these kits online for switching the Op-Amp and a couple of resistors in the Tube Screamer and Boss SD-1 distortion pedal and they usually come with an IC socket to make switching between the 2 or more chips easier. I was wondering if there was a way to switch between 2 or more Op-Amps (say the 4558 and all its variants and the 75558 or any of the others that are similar) other than using an 8PDT switch? The 8PDT are kinda bulky and expensive. My question is could you switch just the power (as in a simple DPDT)from one chip to another and still have the other 6 pins(from both op amps) wired without it affecting sound/performance or just making a small campfire in the practice room?

The best way would likely be to built separate circuits for each op amp, power them all with their inputs in parallel, and just switch the output signals with a single-pole, multi-throw switch.

thank you crutschow

thanx for the input, i was doing some research for yet another stompbox project and stumbled across the information i was looking for. and it is exactly as you said. here's the link if you or anyone is interested in seeing how it is done.
Stacked Op-Amp Switcing

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back