Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Guitar Effects Pedal Board - Ground Loop Elimination Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasor31385

Hi.

I've built a guitar effects pedal board and everything looks good except that when I plug it all in I get this extremely loud hum in my signal. I've double-checked and triple-checked my soldering job for each input and output on this board and I'm 80% sure that the problem is a ground loop. I've looked on lots of websites trying to figure out how to eliminate this problem and all I have come up with is people trying to sell me some box that will eliminate the ground loop or they say to cut the ground at the amplifier end. BTW: that didn't work. I'm pretty sure that the loop exists somewhere in the actual connections rather than in the power source although I suppose it could be both. Can anyone help me out? I've made a VERY detailed schematic of my pedal board and I hope you'll take a look at it and see if there's something obviously wrong that I am just missing.

Thanks a lot.

-Jason

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 2,679
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back