Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Guitar amp repair help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to get back to the board with the final disposition of the amp. It took the repair guy a month because he said it was hard to find the right parts because they used off values and sizes. Whatever, I can't verify that, but at least I have it back now. I wish I would have saved the parts he replaced so I could tell you all what he did, but my brain wasn't thinking when I got home and I threw them in the trash.

He replaced the two big caps, I'm pretty sure just because they were "leaking", not completely bad, one yellow cylindrical cap (may have very well been the C2 cap unclejed was talking about), and at least one diode.

The two big caps were the ones that appeared to be hard to find, as once he found the right value they were not the same size, so he had to do an alternate mounting of them to finish the repair.

Thanks for the help. Sorry I couldn't stick with you to finish the repair here. As it turned out, time wise, I probably would have been better off letting you all help me through it!

-Wayne

Purely as a matter of interest, how much did he charge you?.

He charged $160, parts and labor. A lot more than I wanted to spend, but I was kind of stuck at that point. He told me about all the time he put into it, and it works, so I just grin and bear it.

Now your amp may had been thrown away.
I ever faced Marshall guitar amp using two TA7293 ics. The problem was same as yours. destroyed all ic, burn out. at the last check I found there's a leak/shorted their heatsink to Ground, why? because the wing of ic's is positive point. so that was chaos shorting on power happened. thats all.
I will say, be carefull to replacing and attaching power ic and heatsink. (especially TA729x type)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back