Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Guide to use IR chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverickmax

Hi

I urgently need a help to understand fully to use IR2113 chip as I intend to drive it with half bridge first then full bridge at 24V. The trouble is I don't understand some of aspect of using this chip. For example why and how to use correct components for bootstrap diode and capacitor.

Is there any tutorial and example for me to learn this chip in a great details and implement any necessary calculation?

MM

Googling IR2113 found IR AN-1100, which is the application note.

I am confused with AN1100 because it doesn't teach you about IR2113 in a great details and how to implement it in a correct manner. This appilcation note simply compare between IR2110 and IR2113.

Regards

MM

I have been reading number of application notes in regard to bootstrap capacitor and diode for IR2113 and I am fairly happy with it. Instead of buying and blowing IR2113 and MOSFET up, I would like to use simulation to test IR2113 so that I can be more happy with my investigation then proceed to test on the hardware. Do you know any good simuation Ffor me to test IR2113 and other IR high/low side drivers?

MM

Look at this for starters (using LTSpice). You will have to see if a Spice model for the IR2113 exists (I dont know).

By the way I am a bit unsure about Vmin which corresponds to the difference between Vb and Vs. Assuming the Vb is 15 because it is connected to Vcc via diode. I am not sure about Vs and I have look at IR2110 datasheet and I am not entirely sure at the moment. It says Vs+10 for Vb??

By the way I am a bit unsure about Vmin which corresponds to the difference between Vb and Vs. Assuming the Vb is 15 because it is connected to Vcc via diode. I am not sure about Vs and I have look at IR2110 datasheet and I am not entirely sure at the moment. It says Vs+10 for Vb??

For example, according to 'Bootstrap Component Selection for Control ICs" from Design Tip 98-02, Vmin is part of the equation 1 and I acknowledge it is the minimum voltage between Vb and Vs. I assume Vb is equal to Vcc but I am not sure about Vs which lead me to be uncertainty in calculating Vmin.

Please can you help me how to determine Vmin by giving me an example?

MM

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back