Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GSM Module TC35i

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorPS

Hi,
I am new to GSM Module TC35i (Terminal version), currently I am interface it with hyper terminal (PC), later I will interface it with PIC when I fell confidence, and process the SMS message.

Now I am able to send and receive SMS message.
But how I get trigger if i have new incoming SMS message?
I can poll using AT+CMGL for unread SMS, but the message will turn to "read" SMS after the command execute.
If there is more than 1 unread message, I will lost track on other unread message.

I would like to know how many unread message, then I will process it accordingly.
Anybody can show me what AT command I shall use in this case?

Thank you. :D

It is one of the possible method, but later I will implement it with 16F877A, I am worry I don't have enough RAM/buffer to hold the message temporary.

VictorPS said:
It is one of the possible method, but later I will implement it with 16F877A, I am worry I don't have enough RAM/buffer to hold the message temporary.

then u can do it with the message id/ timestamp.

if time stamp/id not available by default include it in the message, so that u can store the last received id

To know if I have new unread SMS, I found alternate solution that use command:
AT^SLMS (List SMS Memory Storage)
or
AT+CPMS? (Show number of SMS in memory)
if the number is different from previous, then I know I have new unread SMS .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back