Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GSM Intreface!

Status
Not open for further replies.

auto_mitch

Hi!
i have a problem on interfacing my GSM module with ATMega 128.
i use the A2D Falcom GSM Module. The voltage outputs of gsm is 3.8V Cmos i want to convert it to ttl signal.
i thing of using a buffer chip but i dont know which one.
Could u help me???
thanks

A 3.8V CMOS level will normally fall within the acceptable range for a TTL level input gate. That is, 0-0.8V for low and 2.5-5.0V for high. You may try connecting it directly to test.

auto_mitch said:
Hi!
i have a problem on interfacing my GSM module with ATMega 128.
i use the A2D Falcom GSM Module. The voltage outputs of gsm is 3.8V Cmos i want to convert it to ttl signal.
i thing of using a buffer chip but i dont know which one.
Could u help me???
thanks

An easier alternative would be to buy my 5v CMOS GSM cellular modem ;)

It'll connect directly up to either of the mega128's UARTs, and it'll come with a printed 300 page manual of commands for the modem! I even lovingly hand punched every hole myself to put it into a 3 ring binder and it also has a blood red development kit to use with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back